Random Thoughts on
Love and Fear
(and anything in between)

July 22, 2007

Sunday Night Springsteen

Okay, I admit it. I have a blog that I don't post to a lot. If anyone has arrived here looking for opinions, I apologize for the small number of opinions actually expressed.

We are planning to do better, from now on. And by "we", I mean "me", but "we" sounds like there's somebody else who cares about what's written here. Heck, even the Cautious Wife doesn't know about this site. ;-)

Anyway, to inaugurate our "back to the beginning" phase, tonight's offering is "Blinded by the Light". That's right, the song that Manfred Mann took further than Mr. Springsteen. As it turns out, Mr. Mann may be remembered for the song, but Mr. Springsteen will be remembered for the career.

So, here is the original cover -



And the "live" cover -


These versions led to disputes about the lyrics, as demonstrated in the definitive "Blinded by the Light" sketch here -



Finally, Mr. S's cover of himself, which some of us may prefer

No comments: