Random Thoughts on
Love and Fear
(and anything in between)

June 19, 2009

As It Changes To Green
With Your Faith In Your Machine ...

The situation in Iran causes one to pause, and to hope for the best for the people there.

It causes someone such as Andrew Sullivan to paint his place "green" and urge everyone else to do the same in "solidarity".

I like the response from John Cole -

God love Sullivan, because I know his heart is in the right place. ... If someone can give me one legitimate piece of evidence that wearing green boxers is going to help bring democracy to Iran, so help me I’ll wear plaid from head to toe and shoot for world peace.

I know he means well, but this is what I was talking about this morning when I said that the coverage of the events in Iran by American bloggers was giving me a warblogger circa 2003 vibe. I can’t be the only one who is reminded of Abbie Hoffman’s plans to levitate the Pentagon through the power of meditation.

My thoughts are with the folks in Iran risking it all fighting for democracy, but this can not be said enough- this is not about us, it is about them. I love the coverage of events, but please stop with this narcissistic nonsense.

Just so you know, here at "A Cautious Man" we've been "green" from "Day One" (after "a long process of formatting and coloring"). We welcome Mr. Sullivan to the Blogs Who Are Green.

No comments: