Random Thoughts on
Love and Fear
(and anything in between)

April 26, 2007

"So you keep a little secret down deep inside your dresser drawer ..."

Yes, I know there are more important things in this world, but this story about GOP Presidential candidate/former governor Huckabee's son just bugged me.
Mike Huckabee's son, David, 26, was arrested at the Little Rock National Airport about 5:30 a.m. this morning for having a handgun in carry-on luggage while preparing to board a plane. The gun was found during routine security screening.

"It was a mistake," said police Lt. Terry Hastings. "It happens all the time. He just forgot he had it." He said airport security said such forgetfulness occurs three or four times a year at the airport.

A friend quotes David as saying it was a "stupid, stupid mistake." Young Huckabee, who travels in the mortgage business, often carries a gun with him on the road. He usually travels by car, but told a friend that he threw his computer case (and gun) in a bag when he got up at 4:30 a.m. for an early morning flight and simply forgot about the gun.

Look, you want to argue about being able to carry concealed? Fine, I can respect that. I disagree vehemently, but I can accept that you have a different view.

But, "I forgot I had a gun"? Give me a break. If you really can't keep track of where your loaded pistol is, that is not a comforting thought.

No comments: