Random Thoughts on
Love and Fear
(and anything in between)

November 07, 2008

Well The Dogs On Main Street Howl ...

...'cause they understand
If I could take one moment into my hands
Mister I ain't a boy, no I'm a man
And I believe in a promised land


- B. Springsteen, Promised Land

How can you not like this guy? President-elect Obama was asked today about what kind of dog his daughters will be getting -

REPORTER: Here's my question. I'm wondering what you're doing to get ready, have you spoke to any living ex-presidents, what books you might be reading, everyone wants to know what kind of dog are you giving to be for your girls, have you decided on a private or public school for your daughters.

OBAMA: Uh, let me list those off. ... With respect to the dog. This is a major issue. I think it's generated more interest on our web site than just about anything. We have two criteria that have to be reconciled. One is that Malia is allergic, so it has to be hypoallergenic. There are a number of breeds that are hypoallergenic, on the other hand our preference would be to get a shelter dog. But obviously a lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me. So whether we're going to be able to balance those two things I think is a pressing issue on the Obama household.

No comments: